Storms leave behind damage in James City County
After strong storms came through Hampton Roads on Thursday evening, they left behind damage including downed power lines and downed trees.
JCC officials are conducting damage assessments across the county.
Four homes have substantial damage from fallen trees.
Two people were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries after they hit a tree that had fallen on Colonial Parkway.
The James City County Government Center located on Mounts Bay Road and the Tewning Road Complex remain closed due to a power outage. All other County services are operating on a normal schedule.
There are 9,000 customers without power in James City County. A substation is expected to come back online this evening which will take care of 8,000 of those customers.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean