Two people recovering after being hit by HRT bus
Norfolk, Va. – Two people were hit by a bus after witnesses say they walked into traffic trying to cross Little Creek Road in Norfolk.
“I guess they, they decided to cross the road.” Taricka McLean, who witnessed it all, said. ” I don’t know why they decided to cross when the bus came.”
One witness tells NewsChannel 3 the man and woman were stumbling down Little Creek Road. Then the bus went by and the witness heard a loud thud.
He turned his car around, and called 911 after seeing the woman bleeding from her forehead.
“There was blood everywhere and her head was stuck under the tire and he was trying to pull her from under the bus,” McLean said.
The witness who called 911 put pressure on the woman’s bloody forehead, waiting for first responders. The woman was rushed to the hospital
“We should have stopped them but didn’t say anything to them and like two seconds later, we heard a big boom and the lady’s head got busted by bus,” McLean said.
Initially, authorities thought she had life-threatening injuries, but she responded well to treatment and is expected to be okay.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified