Homeless veteran makes flowers, specialty gifts for a good cause
A Navy veteran says he’s always wanted to help others – and he is not letting homelessness stand in the way of that.
The vet travels around a West Virginia town – pushing a cart filled with his belongings along with arts and crafts.
He then makes flowers and necklaces for people to buy for a couple of dollars.
And many times, the vet says he freely makes special items for people in town.
“I’ve helped out people in this community from one end all the way from Kmart to the Dollar Tree to the Veteran’s Home. I’ve made stuff for the church at the bottom of the hill, made 14 red flowers two years ago for a shut in.”
A picture of this veteran went viral and now he says people are buying his flowers faster than he can make them.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly