Police identify two men killed in apparent murder-suicide in Colington, N.C.
Dare County, N.C. – The Dare County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an apparent murder/suicide that happened Saturday afternoon on Sandpiper Drive in the Colington area.
According to Investigator Scott Rodriguez, two men were killed. One man shot the other, then turned the gun on himself.
Police have identified the two men as Ray L. Miller, 42, of Sandpiper Drive in Colington, and Anthony Skinner, 46, of North Main Street in Craigville, NC.
There was also a women in the house when the shooting happened. She was not injured. Rodriguez says she is believed to have been in a relationship with one of the men. All three moved to the home from Indiana less than two months ago.
Dare 911 received a call about the double shooting at 2:18 p.m. from neighbors who heard the gunshots.
Police announced Monday that Miller was the shooter. They believe he shot Skinner and then turned the gun on himself.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel