Coast Guard medevacs injured boater 35 miles off of Cape Charles
Portsmouth, Va. - The Coast Guard medevaced a 58-year-old man from a sailing vessel Saturday evening about 35 miles east of Cape Charles.
A crewmember aboard the Reindeer contacted Coast Guard 5th District watchstanders at 3:55 p.m. reporting a crewmember had sustained a head injury and was in need of medical assistance.
An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City was dispatched to conduct the medevac.
The Jayhawk crew hoisted the man into the helicopter and took him to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in Norfolk.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified