Coast Guard medevacs injured boater 35 miles off of Cape Charles
Portsmouth, Va. - The Coast Guard medevaced a 58-year-old man from a sailing vessel Saturday evening about 35 miles east of Cape Charles.
A crewmember aboard the Reindeer contacted Coast Guard 5th District watchstanders at 3:55 p.m. reporting a crewmember had sustained a head injury and was in need of medical assistance.
An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City was dispatched to conduct the medevac.
The Jayhawk crew hoisted the man into the helicopter and took him to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in Norfolk.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found