Pranksters put Hickory High School up for sale on Craigslist
Hickory High School in Chesapeake is for sale.
That’s if you believe the ad posted on Craigslist last night, but don’t start writing up that petition just yet. Chesapeake School District Officials tell NewsChannel 3 they believe the ad is a senior prank.
“That’s by far the funniest thing I’ve ever heard of,” said Henry Rogers, a graduation Hickory High School senior.
Someone posted the ad last night around 10. The caption said “Hello we are selling Hickory High School to the highest bidder. We are raising money to help all the graduating seniors.”
Whoever posted the ad listed the school’s front office number as the contact.
“I think that’s really funny!” said HHS graduating senior Colby Meechem.
Nearly 12 hours after the post, it was flagged and taken down.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million