Local teams advance to semi-finals
They have made the state championship several times the past 10 years and never won. When freshman Alex Brewers’ goal sealed the deal for the 3-0 victory over Douglas Freeman last night, the Falcons are now only two wins away.
UVA bound Connor jones pitched a complete game, three hit shutout over Freeman to get the Great Bridge Wildcats back in the state semifinals. Taylor Lane’s RBI single to drive in Charlie Cody proved to be the game winning hit in a 3-0 win.
Speaking of winning hits, first Chloe Carr’s double puts runners in scoring position. Up steps junior third baseman Delany Ambrose’s and she would deliver. Her single to right drives in two runs in the bottom of the sixth to break a scoreless tie and the Lady Wildcats are returning to the States. Ambrose was all smiles after the game.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call