Local teams advance to semi-finals
They have made the state championship several times the past 10 years and never won. When freshman Alex Brewers’ goal sealed the deal for the 3-0 victory over Douglas Freeman last night, the Falcons are now only two wins away.
UVA bound Connor jones pitched a complete game, three hit shutout over Freeman to get the Great Bridge Wildcats back in the state semifinals. Taylor Lane’s RBI single to drive in Charlie Cody proved to be the game winning hit in a 3-0 win.
Speaking of winning hits, first Chloe Carr’s double puts runners in scoring position. Up steps junior third baseman Delany Ambrose’s and she would deliver. Her single to right drives in two runs in the bottom of the sixth to break a scoreless tie and the Lady Wildcats are returning to the States. Ambrose was all smiles after the game.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean