NewsChannel 3 surprises veteran educator
Norfolk, Va. - NewsChannel 3 and our community partner Southern Bank shine our spotlight on a very popular veteran educator who retired from the classroom but was called back to duty to fill the void of sick teacher.
And we had a surprise at a special program to honor Patricia Wilgus. The beloved teacher shared her many memories from her time at Norfolk Catholic High School which later became Bishop Sullivan High.
Over the years, she wore many hats including Grand Marshal of the halftime parade taking students on field trips and she was also involved in many school activities.
For over 20 years, she took a group of students to Europe every summer and over 20 years ago she resurrected the school’s National Honor Society. But her greatest impact was in her classroom.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified