Band student salutes flag during cymbal mishap
A band student in Illinois had to think on his feet when his cymbal failed during the National Anthem.
So what’s a 13-year-old to do when he’s one cymbal short?
Andrew Pawelczyk delivered a well-executed salute to the flag.
The leather strap Andrew was holding broke, causing him to lose the cymbal.
With numerous war veterans in his family, Andrew said he thought a salute was the best way to save his performance.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million