Band student salutes flag during cymbal mishap
A band student in Illinois had to think on his feet when his cymbal failed during the National Anthem.
So what’s a 13-year-old to do when he’s one cymbal short?
Andrew Pawelczyk delivered a well-executed salute to the flag.
The leather strap Andrew was holding broke, causing him to lose the cymbal.
With numerous war veterans in his family, Andrew said he thought a salute was the best way to save his performance.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean