Band student salutes flag during cymbal mishap
A band student in Illinois had to think on his feet when his cymbal failed during the National Anthem.
So what’s a 13-year-old to do when he’s one cymbal short?
Andrew Pawelczyk delivered a well-executed salute to the flag.
The leather strap Andrew was holding broke, causing him to lose the cymbal.
With numerous war veterans in his family, Andrew said he thought a salute was the best way to save his performance.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam