Band student salutes flag during cymbal mishap
A band student in Illinois had to think on his feet when his cymbal failed during the National Anthem.
So what’s a 13-year-old to do when he’s one cymbal short?
Andrew Pawelczyk delivered a well-executed salute to the flag.
The leather strap Andrew was holding broke, causing him to lose the cymbal.
With numerous war veterans in his family, Andrew said he thought a salute was the best way to save his performance.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call