Band student salutes flag during cymbal mishap
A band student in Illinois had to think on his feet when his cymbal failed during the National Anthem.
So what’s a 13-year-old to do when he’s one cymbal short?
Andrew Pawelczyk delivered a well-executed salute to the flag.
The leather strap Andrew was holding broke, causing him to lose the cymbal.
With numerous war veterans in his family, Andrew said he thought a salute was the best way to save his performance.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found