Two hurt after car flips several times, goes off I-264 East overpass
Officials say a car went off of the interstate during a three-vehicle accident on I-264 eastbound near Witchduck on Monday.
At around 6:16 p.m., a 2004 Nissan X-Terra, driven by Sarah Gurganus, 24, was going east on I-264 when she lost control and hit a 2002 Chevy Blazer. The X-Terra then sideswiped a 2008 Ford F-250, driven by Alan Simms of Virginia Beach.
Officials say the Blazer was hit in the back which caused the driver to lose control and the vehicle flipped several times and landed right side up on the railroad on Greenwich Road.
Both people in the Blazer were wearing seatbelts at the time. The driver, Jamal Strayhorn, Sr., was taken to Virginia Beach General and the passenger, a 15-year-old, is now at Norfolk Sentara General.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom