Two hurt after car flips several times, goes off I-264 East overpass
Officials say a car went off of the interstate during a three-vehicle accident on I-264 eastbound near Witchduck on Monday.
At around 6:16 p.m., a 2004 Nissan X-Terra, driven by Sarah Gurganus, 24, was going east on I-264 when she lost control and hit a 2002 Chevy Blazer. The X-Terra then sideswiped a 2008 Ford F-250, driven by Alan Simms of Virginia Beach.
Officials say the Blazer was hit in the back which caused the driver to lose control and the vehicle flipped several times and landed right side up on the railroad on Greenwich Road.
Both people in the Blazer were wearing seatbelts at the time. The driver, Jamal Strayhorn, Sr., was taken to Virginia Beach General and the passenger, a 15-year-old, is now at Norfolk Sentara General.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it