Two hurt after car flips several times, goes off I-264 East overpass
Officials say a car went off of the interstate during a three-vehicle accident on I-264 eastbound near Witchduck on Monday.
At around 6:16 p.m., a 2004 Nissan X-Terra, driven by Sarah Gurganus, 24, was going east on I-264 when she lost control and hit a 2002 Chevy Blazer. The X-Terra then sideswiped a 2008 Ford F-250, driven by Alan Simms of Virginia Beach.
Officials say the Blazer was hit in the back which caused the driver to lose control and the vehicle flipped several times and landed right side up on the railroad on Greenwich Road.
Both people in the Blazer were wearing seatbelts at the time. The driver, Jamal Strayhorn, Sr., was taken to Virginia Beach General and the passenger, a 15-year-old, is now at Norfolk Sentara General.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket