Blackbeard Pirate Festival
In Hampton more than a hundred pirates are invading the downtown area.
It’s for the Blackbeard Pirate Festival.
This weekend folks are traveling back in time – to check out the action.
The annual event celebrates Hampton’s maritime heritage by commemorating the demise of its most infamous visitor – Captain Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard the Pirate.
This is the 14th year for the event.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains