Blackbeard Pirate Festival
In Hampton more than a hundred pirates are invading the downtown area.
It’s for the Blackbeard Pirate Festival.
This weekend folks are traveling back in time – to check out the action.
The annual event celebrates Hampton’s maritime heritage by commemorating the demise of its most infamous visitor – Captain Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard the Pirate.
This is the 14th year for the event.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen