Crews finish work on I-264 ahead of schedule
According to a spokesperson for Elizabeth River Tunnels, work crews have finished the installation of traffic loop sensors in eastbound lanes on I-264 approaching the Downtown Tunnel ahead of schedule.
The installation began at 9:00pm Friday, and was originally scheduled to be finished Monday at 5:00am.
Crews completed the work at 4:00pm Saturday and all eastbound lanes have been reopened.
Installation of traffic loop sensors on I-264 west is scheduled to begin Friday, June 14.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket