Crews finish work on I-264 ahead of schedule
According to a spokesperson for Elizabeth River Tunnels, work crews have finished the installation of traffic loop sensors in eastbound lanes on I-264 approaching the Downtown Tunnel ahead of schedule.
The installation began at 9:00pm Friday, and was originally scheduled to be finished Monday at 5:00am.
Crews completed the work at 4:00pm Saturday and all eastbound lanes have been reopened.
Installation of traffic loop sensors on I-264 west is scheduled to begin Friday, June 14.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales