200 Wounded Warriors arrive in Virginia Beach on Ride 2 Recovery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Over 200 Wounded Warriors made their way to their final destination in Virginia Beach Saturday, via bikes, tandems and recumbents.
Their journey of over 300 miles from Washington, DC to Virginia Beach is a part of the Ride 2 Recovery rehabilitation program.
These injured veterans have worked to overcome the physical limitations and emotional impacts brought upon by their time at war.
Ride 2 Recovery helps injured veterans improve their health and wellness through individual and group cycling programs at military bases, as well as on seven long-distance challenge events staged each year.
The public is invited to ride in the Honor Ride Virginia Beach alongside the Wounded Warriors to be held Sunday, June 2.
The Honor Ride Virgina Beach starts and finishes at The Cavalier Hotel, 4201 Atlantic Ave.
For more details, call 1-800-446-8199. You may pre-register by clicking here.Submit Your Photo
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel