200 Wounded Warriors arrive in Virginia Beach on Ride 2 Recovery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Over 200 Wounded Warriors made their way to their final destination in Virginia Beach Saturday, via bikes, tandems and recumbents.
Their journey of over 300 miles from Washington, DC to Virginia Beach is a part of the Ride 2 Recovery rehabilitation program.
These injured veterans have worked to overcome the physical limitations and emotional impacts brought upon by their time at war.
Ride 2 Recovery helps injured veterans improve their health and wellness through individual and group cycling programs at military bases, as well as on seven long-distance challenge events staged each year.
The public is invited to ride in the Honor Ride Virginia Beach alongside the Wounded Warriors to be held Sunday, June 2.
The Honor Ride Virgina Beach starts and finishes at The Cavalier Hotel, 4201 Atlantic Ave.
For more details, call 1-800-446-8199. You may pre-register by clicking here.Submit Your Photo
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean