200 Wounded Warriors arrive in Virginia Beach on Ride 2 Recovery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Over 200 Wounded Warriors made their way to their final destination in Virginia Beach Saturday, via bikes, tandems and recumbents.
Their journey of over 300 miles from Washington, DC to Virginia Beach is a part of the Ride 2 Recovery rehabilitation program.
These injured veterans have worked to overcome the physical limitations and emotional impacts brought upon by their time at war.
Ride 2 Recovery helps injured veterans improve their health and wellness through individual and group cycling programs at military bases, as well as on seven long-distance challenge events staged each year.
The public is invited to ride in the Honor Ride Virginia Beach alongside the Wounded Warriors to be held Sunday, June 2.
The Honor Ride Virgina Beach starts and finishes at The Cavalier Hotel, 4201 Atlantic Ave.
For more details, call 1-800-446-8199. You may pre-register by clicking here.Submit Your Photo
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's