Pottery Barn crib bumpers recalled due to entanglement hazard
Pottery Barn has issued a recall for Pottery Barn Kids Sweet Lambie Bumpers manufactured from April 2009 through July 2012.
The cotton bumpers are padded and fit standard cribs. Lambs in grass and lambs with trees are embroidered on the interior and exterior of the bumpers. They were available in the colors pink, blue, and ivory/oatmeal.
The model number “708859,” “708917” or “7988348” and “Sweet Lambie Bumper” appear on a tag fastened to the bottom edge of the bumpers. The date of manufacture in MM/YYYY format is printed on a tag attached to the bumper near the model number tag.
The firm has received two reports of the decorative stitching coming loose and entangling children, including reports of the thread wrapping around a child’s neck. No serious injuries have been reported.
According to CPSC.gov, consumers should immediately check the tag on the bumper for the month and year of manufacture and stop using the bumper if the date is 04/2009 through 07/2012.
Consumers with recalled bumpers should contact Pottery Barn Kids for instructions on how to return the bumpers to receive a gift card in the amount of a full refund or a replacement bumper and to receive free return shipping for recalled bumpers.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home