Two teens arrested in Hampton carnival shooting
Hampton, Va. – Two teenagers have been arrested for the multiple shootings at a carnival where a Hampton teen was killed this past weekend.
Police responded to the Hampton Coliseum Spring Carnival on Saturday when shots were fired. Five teens were shot, one of them, 16-year-old Ralphael Davis, Jr., died from his injuries.
Police say an argument between two groups of people led to the suspects pulling out guns, firing multiple shots.
Monday evening, a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old were arrested and both charged with one count of murder, four counts of maiming and five counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
City officials decided to close the carnival a week ahead of schedule. As police continue their investigation, the carnival will remain closed.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen