Two teens arrested in Hampton carnival shooting
Hampton, Va. – Two teenagers have been arrested for the multiple shootings at a carnival where a Hampton teen was killed this past weekend.
Police responded to the Hampton Coliseum Spring Carnival on Saturday when shots were fired. Five teens were shot, one of them, 16-year-old Ralphael Davis, Jr., died from his injuries.
Police say an argument between two groups of people led to the suspects pulling out guns, firing multiple shots.
Monday evening, a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old were arrested and both charged with one count of murder, four counts of maiming and five counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
City officials decided to close the carnival a week ahead of schedule. As police continue their investigation, the carnival will remain closed.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found