Rabid raccoon reported in Deep Creek area of Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Families need to be careful, especially if they’re going to be outside this holiday weekend.
In the Deep Creek section of the city, a raccoon infected with rabies was found.
It was dead in a yard with 2 dogs.
The Peninsula Health District wants anyone who could have been exposed to call the health department and take action if you’re going to be out.
Vaccinate your pets and don’t feed them outside.
Also, don’t leave food outside or unattended.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time