Rabid raccoon reported in Deep Creek area of Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Families need to be careful, especially if they’re going to be outside this holiday weekend.
In the Deep Creek section of the city, a raccoon infected with rabies was found.
It was dead in a yard with 2 dogs.
The Peninsula Health District wants anyone who could have been exposed to call the health department and take action if you’re going to be out.
Vaccinate your pets and don’t feed them outside.
Also, don’t leave food outside or unattended.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains