Teen finds worm in breakfast sandwich
You may want to put down your breakfast - a high school student in Arizona claims McDonald’s served him a “McWorm” sandwich.
Derrick Holt posted a picture on Facebook and Twitter, of what he says is a half-eaten worm next to his Sausage McMuffin.
He said at first, he thought it was just a piece of fat, but when he pulled it out, he discovered it wasn’t.
Derrick said he went straight to the manager – and that’s when he says things got even more strange:
“I was like, I think it’s a worm, and he goes, oh, no no, looks at it, picks it up, he’s like that’s just a bone. He says that happens all the time in our patties, in our hamburgers, in our chicken nuggets especially.”
Derrick said the manager took the sandwich and gave him a refund.
McDonald’s did respond to Derrick’s complaint, saying they are looking into the matter. They also gave him coupons for free meals.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!