Virginia Beach fitness specialist: “Don’t diet”
Virginia Beach fitness and health expert, Jim White, and fitness trainer, Charlie Johnson, join the morning show for ‘Move It Monday’.
Jim shows us what we can do at home to attain a ‘beach-body’ for summer. He recommends drinking at least 64 ounces of water or more per day, plus, he says – don’t diet!
Jim says he wants people to stop focusing on the number on the scale, and instead, focus on these things: how well your clothes fit, fitting into your ‘skinny’ jeans, and compare ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos of your progress.
He also says you must eat carbs. “Everyone is afraid to eat carbs”, he says, must eat them to fuel workouts and endurance.
Have a cheat meal once a week – not a cheat day. He recommends keeping a food journal. An exercise journal is also not a bad idea.
Check out the Beach Body Boot Camp – coming up, June 2, 2013.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head