Bands rock out in Norfolk to benefit teen’s charity for the homeless
Norfolk, Va. – We’ve been following the story of Mariah Smith, a Virginia Beach teenager, who is taking action for the homeless. Now a local promoter is helping her special mission.
Kevin Ramey with Rock Universe Live Entertainment organized a benefit concert for “Blankets for the Homeless.”
Local bands performed yesterday at the Iguana Bar and Grill on West 37th Street in Norfolk.
The benefit netted about $470 dollars for Mariah’s special charity.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'