NC man accused of throwing hot grease on girlfriend
Carlie Jason Tyler, 34, of St. Pauls
ST. PAULS, N.C. — A North Carolina man is accused of throwing hot grease on his girlfriend during an argument.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that Carlie Jason Tyler, 34, of St. Pauls, was charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury and assault on a female.
Cumberland County deputies said it happened around 2:20 a.m. Friday as the 39-year-old victim was cooking beef at the couple’s home.
Deputies said the suspect grabbed the frying pan while they argued and flung the hot grease on her, causing second-degree burns to her face, chest, arms and hands.
Officials said she was taken to the N.C. Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill and is listed in fair condition.
Authorities said Tyler is being held without bail and has court planned for June 6.
Source: The Fayetteville Observer
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth