Bodies of missing boaters found in Rappahannock River
Tappahannock, Va. – The bodies of two men were found in the Rappahannock River Saturday. Their 15-foot boat had capsized earlier in the day.
It happened near Tappahannock, which is about an hour northeast of Richmond.
A third man was also in the boat, but he was rescued by a good Samaritan. That man noticed the capsized boat from his home and got into his boat to help.
When they got back to shore, they called 911 to report the other two men missing.
Crews with the Coast Guard and Virginia Marine Police spent the day searching for the the two missing men.
Divers found their bodies near the capsized boat around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the deceased,” said Capt. John Little, the commander of Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video