Giant meteorite crashes into moon causing explosion
If you saw a flash on the moon on March 17th, it was not just your imagination. A huge meteorite crashed into the lunar surface at 56,000 mph creating a new crater about 65-feet wide according to Yahoo News.
They say the light from the crash created a bright flash of light that was visible with the naked eye on that night.
Scientists say this is the biggest explosion they’ve seen since experts have been watching the moon.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home