Giant meteorite crashes into moon causing explosion
If you saw a flash on the moon on March 17th, it was not just your imagination. A huge meteorite crashed into the lunar surface at 56,000 mph creating a new crater about 65-feet wide according to Yahoo News.
They say the light from the crash created a bright flash of light that was visible with the naked eye on that night.
Scientists say this is the biggest explosion they’ve seen since experts have been watching the moon.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found