Giant meteorite crashes into moon causing explosion
If you saw a flash on the moon on March 17th, it was not just your imagination. A huge meteorite crashed into the lunar surface at 56,000 mph creating a new crater about 65-feet wide according to Yahoo News.
They say the light from the crash created a bright flash of light that was visible with the naked eye on that night.
Scientists say this is the biggest explosion they’ve seen since experts have been watching the moon.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says