Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
Virginia Beach, Va. – Fire crews and the Virginia Beach bomb squad responded to Shorehaven Drive Friday morning after discarded explosives were found in storage shed nearby. The scene has now been cleared and neighbors are allowed back into their homes.
The home was vacant. A company was hired to auction off some items in the home when the explosives were found.
Evacuation notices were issued to residents in the 2700 block of Shorehaven Drive and the 1400 block of Blue Heron Road.
No one has been allowed on the property where the explosives were found.
Crews were able to burn off the dynamite and they are now doing clean-up and searching the scene again.
Traffic has re-opened and residents have been notified that they are able to return.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery