Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
Virginia Beach, Va. – Fire crews and the Virginia Beach bomb squad responded to Shorehaven Drive Friday morning after discarded explosives were found in storage shed nearby. The scene has now been cleared and neighbors are allowed back into their homes.
The home was vacant. A company was hired to auction off some items in the home when the explosives were found.
Evacuation notices were issued to residents in the 2700 block of Shorehaven Drive and the 1400 block of Blue Heron Road.
No one has been allowed on the property where the explosives were found.
Crews were able to burn off the dynamite and they are now doing clean-up and searching the scene again.
Traffic has re-opened and residents have been notified that they are able to return.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth