Two charged after homeowner finds burglar asleep in his bedroom
Ryan Kelley, lett, and Brandon Lock
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two men have been charged with breaking and entering after a Virginia Beach homeowner returned from a trip and found one of the men asleep in his bedroom.
The homeowner called police Sunday morning around 8:40am after coming home after several days to find items scattered around the home, the walls spray-painted and a man asleep in a bedroom.
The man, identified as 19-year-old Ryan Clayton Kelley, woke up as the homeowner called 911 and jumped out of a second story window to escape. He was arrested nearby and his accomplice, 18-year-old Brandon Lee Lock, was identified and arrested a short time later.
Virginia Beach Police charged them each with one count of Grand Larceny and one count of Breaking and Entering.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk