Hampton home robbed, dog found dead
Hampton Police are asking for the public’s help locating the suspect(s) involved in a burglary that happened Wednesday afternoon.
Officers responded to the 300 block of Locust Avenue in reference to the burglary around 3:20 p.m.
The resident advised police that she had returned home and found her canine deceased and her home burglarized.
The investigation revealed that the suspect(s) made entry through a rear unlocked window and then rummaged through the residence.
Electronic gaming equipment and an undisclosed amount of U.S. currency was stolen.
Hampton Animal Control responded and transported the canine to the state veterinary lab. The dog suffered from head injuries but an exact cause of death will be determined pending a necropsy.
There is no suspect information at this time. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the Hampton Police Department at 727-6111 or Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom