Former sailor accused of espionage appears in court on new charges
The former Navy sailor accused of trying to spy for the Russians is now charged with a more serious crime.
On Wednesday morning, Robert Hoffman was in court for trying to give away secrets on how the United States tracks foreign warships.
Prosecutors say Hoffman actually handed the information to an undercover FBI agent.
He is pleading not guilty to the charges.
His trial is scheduled to start on June 17th.
Hoffman previously appeared in court after trying to give away secrets on U.S. submarines to Russian handlers.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach