Former sailor accused of espionage appears in court on new charges
The former Navy sailor accused of trying to spy for the Russians is now charged with a more serious crime.
On Wednesday morning, Robert Hoffman was in court for trying to give away secrets on how the United States tracks foreign warships.
Prosecutors say Hoffman actually handed the information to an undercover FBI agent.
He is pleading not guilty to the charges.
His trial is scheduled to start on June 17th.
Hoffman previously appeared in court after trying to give away secrets on U.S. submarines to Russian handlers.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen