VB schools seeking volunteers
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach City Public Schools is looking for two parents/guardians to serve on a textbook adoption committee, school officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Members will review secondary English textbook materials for English six-12. Volunteers must be available to meet June 25-26 and Aug. 1, 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. at the Laskin Road Annex, located at 1413 Laskin Road in Virginia Beach. Parents interested in serving on the committee must have a child currently enrolled in VBCPS.
Throughout the year, the school division issues a Call to Action to enlist the assistance of community members for specific activities such as curriculum development, textbook adoption, mentorships and participation on advisory groups/committees. Check out a complete list of current Call to Action opportunities to find additional ways to get involved.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years