Multi-million dollar facelift for Lynnhaven Mall
Virginia Beach, Va. – Construction begins next week on a multi-million dollar facelift for Lynnhaven Mall in Virginia Beach.
The project involves an extensive updating of the mall’s interior, including new tile flooring and painting in a contemporary, beach casual color palette.
“We’re going to replace all the mall tile. We’re going to be painting all the surfaces with soft-beach colors,” explained Lynnhaven Mall General Manager Michael Harris. “We’ll be replacing all our lighting with energy-efficient LED lighting.”
The renovation work will only happen during hours when the mall is closed and will take a break during the busy holiday shopping season.
“Construction and renovation will be after mall hours and before mall hours,” Harris stated. “We will pause our construction before the holidays this year – 2013 – we will then resume in January and we will finish the project next year right before the holidays.”
Harris noted that the mall is major economic engine for the city and says the renovations could also help in luring new retailers to the area.
“We do anticipate our renovation to certainly allow us to get some desirable retailers that are looking for this market,” Harris explained.
The first phase of construction will begin next week.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’