How to choose a summer camp in Hampton Roads
Kids will be out of school for the summer in less than six weeks – and Lesleyanne Mulkey of Macaroni Kid Virginia Beach is here to tell us about some options for kids’ summer camps in Hampton Roads.
Here are a several things to keep in mind when choosing a camp for your little one:
- Know your child, and know what is age appropriate.
- Determine your goals – would you want a sports oriented camp, or an arts and crafts type of day camp? There are so many different camps to suit your child’s interest, that narrowing it down may be a little difficult. Find more information, HERE.
- Transportation – consider an effective routine for getting your child to and from camp each day, if it is a day camp – or if it is a weekly or month-long camp, whether or not a bus is provided.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!