How to choose a summer camp in Hampton Roads
Kids will be out of school for the summer in less than six weeks – and Lesleyanne Mulkey of Macaroni Kid Virginia Beach is here to tell us about some options for kids’ summer camps in Hampton Roads.
Here are a several things to keep in mind when choosing a camp for your little one:
- Know your child, and know what is age appropriate.
- Determine your goals – would you want a sports oriented camp, or an arts and crafts type of day camp? There are so many different camps to suit your child’s interest, that narrowing it down may be a little difficult. Find more information, HERE.
- Transportation – consider an effective routine for getting your child to and from camp each day, if it is a day camp – or if it is a weekly or month-long camp, whether or not a bus is provided.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery