Dog tags returned to World War II veteran decades later
A 90-year-old veteran in New Jersey lost his dog tags during World War II.
Now, he has them back.
Corporal Willie Wilkins says he was serving with the Army’s Quartermaster Graves Registration Units in Southern France when he lost his dog tags.
A woman says she found them decades later while digging near an olive tree in her backyard.
She says her neighbor urged her to find the owner.
Someone from the G.I. Go Fund got a hold of Wilkins’ daughter, and they arranged a ceremony.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains