Dog tags returned to World War II veteran decades later
A 90-year-old veteran in New Jersey lost his dog tags during World War II.
Now, he has them back.
Corporal Willie Wilkins says he was serving with the Army’s Quartermaster Graves Registration Units in Southern France when he lost his dog tags.
A woman says she found them decades later while digging near an olive tree in her backyard.
She says her neighbor urged her to find the owner.
Someone from the G.I. Go Fund got a hold of Wilkins’ daughter, and they arranged a ceremony.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom