Dog tags returned to World War II veteran decades later
A 90-year-old veteran in New Jersey lost his dog tags during World War II.
Now, he has them back.
Corporal Willie Wilkins says he was serving with the Army’s Quartermaster Graves Registration Units in Southern France when he lost his dog tags.
A woman says she found them decades later while digging near an olive tree in her backyard.
She says her neighbor urged her to find the owner.
Someone from the G.I. Go Fund got a hold of Wilkins’ daughter, and they arranged a ceremony.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach