“There’s good – and then there’s good.”
We have all heard the expression, “There’s good, and then there’s good!”
For Maria Belaya, she is the latter – she’s good!
How good is she?
She was named the CAA Player of the Year, she’s a two time first team all-CAA member, and she has earned one of the 16 automatic spots in the NCAA tournament.
The Russian born junior credits her parents for getting her involved in the sport of tennis at the age of five. She transferred to the green and gold after a year at Clemson – a move which proved to be beneficial.
She says the best part of her game is her backhand.
Maria has hit many game winners this season. She’s earned 21 singles wins.
Here’s another thing that makes her good – she’s also qualified in doubles for the NCAA tournament. She and playing partner Jeltje Loomans are one of the nation’s best teams. They have been nationally ranked in the top ten all year with a 22 and 4 record. Her partner says she is one of the best on the court. And on most days – that’s exactly where you will find her.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel