“There’s good – and then there’s good.”
We have all heard the expression, “There’s good, and then there’s good!”
For Maria Belaya, she is the latter – she’s good!
How good is she?
She was named the CAA Player of the Year, she’s a two time first team all-CAA member, and she has earned one of the 16 automatic spots in the NCAA tournament.
The Russian born junior credits her parents for getting her involved in the sport of tennis at the age of five. She transferred to the green and gold after a year at Clemson – a move which proved to be beneficial.
She says the best part of her game is her backhand.
Maria has hit many game winners this season. She’s earned 21 singles wins.
Here’s another thing that makes her good – she’s also qualified in doubles for the NCAA tournament. She and playing partner Jeltje Loomans are one of the nation’s best teams. They have been nationally ranked in the top ten all year with a 22 and 4 record. Her partner says she is one of the best on the court. And on most days – that’s exactly where you will find her.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified