Giant snails can carry meningitis, researchers warn
Residents of a Houston neighborhood are being warned to stay away from giant African land snails after a woman found one in her garden and snapped a photo of it, according to a report from NBC News.
The snails, researchers warn, are potentially dangerous to touch, in part because they can carry meningitis.
Scientists have warned anyone who comes in contact with them to wash their hands thoroughly, the report says.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury