Hatteras-Ocracoke Ferry on summer schedule
Raleigh, NC – The NCDOT Ferry Division’s Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry run switches to its summer schedule on Tuesday, May 7, going to 30 trips each way. The schedule will be in effect through Oct. 7, 2013.
There will be daily hour-long trips out of Hatteras at 5, 6, 7 and 8 a.m., then every half hour between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., then 7:30, 8, 9, 11 and midnight.
Ocracoke departure times are at 4:30, 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30 a.m., then every half hour from 9:30 a.m. until 8 p.m., then 9, 9:30, 10:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m.
Two other ferry routes serving Ocracoke, from Cedar Island and Swan Quarter, switch to their summer schedule on May 21.
For more information travelers can sign-up to receive messages on Twitter by going to http://www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry or visit the N.C. 12 Facebook page.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend