Five soldiers die in IED attack in Afghanistan
Today the Department of Defense announced that five soldiers were killed when their vehicle was attacked by an explosive device in Afghanistan on May 4th.
They’ve been identified as 1stLt. Brandon J. Landrum, 26, of Lawton, Okla., Staff Sgt. Francis G. Phillips IV, 28, of Meridian, N.Y., Spc. Kevin Cardoza, 19, of Mercedes, Texas, Spc. Thomas P. Murach, 22, of Meridian, Idaho, and Spc. Brandon J. Prescott, 24, of Bend, Ore.
They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 36thInfantry, 1stBrigade Combat Team, 1stArmored Division, Fort Bliss, Texas.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen