A cigarette is the cause of an apartment fire in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A cigarette not disposed of properly caused an apartment fire in Virginia Beach Friday night.
Just before midnight, fire units were called to an apartment on Shinglemaker Court near Craftsman Drive.
Fire officials a say a bedroom on the second floor caught fire and there was smoke damage to the rest of the apartment.
The resident was alerted by a smoke detector and was able to get out safely.
No one was hurt.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea