A cigarette is the cause of an apartment fire in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A cigarette not disposed of properly caused an apartment fire in Virginia Beach Friday night.
Just before midnight, fire units were called to an apartment on Shinglemaker Court near Craftsman Drive.
Fire officials a say a bedroom on the second floor caught fire and there was smoke damage to the rest of the apartment.
The resident was alerted by a smoke detector and was able to get out safely.
No one was hurt.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen