First Annual Virginia Run for the Fallen
Virginia Beach, Va. – The community is taking action to honor our service members, killed in action.
Thursday morning, volunteers set out on the First Annual Virginia Run for the Fallen.
The run started at Fort Story. More than a dozen runners took part to honor military men and women who were killed in action.
Each mile marker along the way, represented a fallen service member. And every time the group stopped, they planted a flag to pay tribute in their memory.
The run wraps up on Sunday at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!