First Annual Virginia Run for the Fallen
Virginia Beach, Va. – The community is taking action to honor our service members, killed in action.
Thursday morning, volunteers set out on the First Annual Virginia Run for the Fallen.
The run started at Fort Story. More than a dozen runners took part to honor military men and women who were killed in action.
Each mile marker along the way, represented a fallen service member. And every time the group stopped, they planted a flag to pay tribute in their memory.
The run wraps up on Sunday at Arlington National Cemetery.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’