Mother identified after baby found abandoned on beach
New details have been released on a baby found abandoned on a beach in Hawaii.
Police now say the woman who says she found the newborn is actually the child’s mother.
Police say this 21-year-old woman took the newborn to the hospital where she said she found the girl crying and abandoned near the water’s edge.
That sparked a police investigation and search for the mother.
But through an investigation, police found out she was in fact the child’s mother.
Police arrested her for filing a false police report. But so far, she is not facing charges of abandonment or neglect. The newborn is still in the hospital.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen