April Weather Recap
The saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers”… but what if those April showers are lacking? As we head into May, let’s take a look back at the local weather numbers from April.
Temperature – Warmest: 89°, Coldest: 40°, vs Norm: +1.7
Rainfall – Total: 3.21″, vs Norm: -0.20″, 9 days with measurable rain
Temperature – Warmest: 87°, Coldest: 38°, vs Norm: +0.7
Rainfall – Total: 2.67″, vs Norm: -0.47″, 11 days with measurable rain
Temperature – Warmest: 88°, Coldest: 28°, vs Norm: +2.2
Rainfall – Total: 3.77″, vs Norm: +0.70″, 7 days with measurable rain
Temperature – Warmest: 77°, Coldest: 40°, vs Norm: -0.3
Rainfall – Total: 3.87″, vs Norm: +0.23″, 10 days with measurable rain
As far as those April showers go, we were near average numbers. Norfolk and Elizabeth City were a bit dry. Wallops Island and Hatteras were a bit soggy. With the exception of Hatteras, temperatures were just above averages.
Now we will have to wait and see of “near average” April showers will indeed bring “near average” May flowers.
-Meteorologist Myles Henderson
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship