April Weather Recap
The saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers”… but what if those April showers are lacking? As we head into May, let’s take a look back at the local weather numbers from April.
Temperature – Warmest: 89°, Coldest: 40°, vs Norm: +1.7
Rainfall – Total: 3.21″, vs Norm: -0.20″, 9 days with measurable rain
Temperature – Warmest: 87°, Coldest: 38°, vs Norm: +0.7
Rainfall – Total: 2.67″, vs Norm: -0.47″, 11 days with measurable rain
Temperature – Warmest: 88°, Coldest: 28°, vs Norm: +2.2
Rainfall – Total: 3.77″, vs Norm: +0.70″, 7 days with measurable rain
Temperature – Warmest: 77°, Coldest: 40°, vs Norm: -0.3
Rainfall – Total: 3.87″, vs Norm: +0.23″, 10 days with measurable rain
As far as those April showers go, we were near average numbers. Norfolk and Elizabeth City were a bit dry. Wallops Island and Hatteras were a bit soggy. With the exception of Hatteras, temperatures were just above averages.
Now we will have to wait and see of “near average” April showers will indeed bring “near average” May flowers.
-Meteorologist Myles Henderson
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach