The Good News: Local mechanic takes action for sailor
He served his country for more than a decade then was dumped by the Navy.
But after struggling for 9 months without a job, one local sailor says his prayers have been answered, after he came to NewsChannel 3 to tell his story.
He signed on the dotted line to serve his country, but then, the Navy tossed Michael Pitt out, along with 3,000 other sailors picked by the Enlisted Retention Board.
Part of the hurdle of finding a job is actually getting there for the interview.
Because Pitt’s only car is out of commission, the discovery by a local mechanic led to something amazing.
The mechanic and NewsChannel 3 is giving this sailor some much needed good news.
See the good news Tuesday at 11.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found