Rain, crashes snarl morning commute
UPDATE: The right lane on I-64 Westbound is still closed after an accident. Backups stretch 4.5 mile to Bay Ave. Also, one Northbound and one Southbound lane on the James River Bridge are closed for guardrail repair after an earlier crash, according to the Virginia State Police.
The rain is making a messy morning for commuters.
One lane northbound of the James River Bridge is closed due to an accident, and both southbound lanes have just started moving after an accident on that side.
Drivers are encouraged to use the MMBT as an alternate route.
There was an earlier accident on the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel in both directions that has caused a back up as well and the MMBT is suggested as an alternate.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket