Rain, crashes snarl morning commute
UPDATE: The right lane on I-64 Westbound is still closed after an accident. Backups stretch 4.5 mile to Bay Ave. Also, one Northbound and one Southbound lane on the James River Bridge are closed for guardrail repair after an earlier crash, according to the Virginia State Police.
The rain is making a messy morning for commuters.
One lane northbound of the James River Bridge is closed due to an accident, and both southbound lanes have just started moving after an accident on that side.
Drivers are encouraged to use the MMBT as an alternate route.
There was an earlier accident on the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel in both directions that has caused a back up as well and the MMBT is suggested as an alternate.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains