UPDATE: Man arrested for Sunday shooting in Hampton
A 20-year-old Hampton man has been arrested and charged in connection with a shooting that occurred Sunday morning at the Tidemill Cafe on Armistead Avenue.
A man and woman were shot Sunday morning at the restaurant shortly before 2:00am, according to police.
Police say they were wounded in their upper torsos and their injuries are non-life threatening. They were transported to the hospital to be treated.
Javon Rian Carroll of the 2600 block of North Armistead Avenue was arrested Monday.
Carroll was involved in an argument inside the restaurant, according to police, then left and returned with a gun, and began firing shots into the restaurant.
Carroll has been charged with two counts of malicious wounding, two counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony, and two counts of discharging a firearm in a public place.
He is in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend