UPDATE: Man arrested for Sunday shooting in Hampton
A 20-year-old Hampton man has been arrested and charged in connection with a shooting that occurred Sunday morning at the Tidemill Cafe on Armistead Avenue.
A man and woman were shot Sunday morning at the restaurant shortly before 2:00am, according to police.
Police say they were wounded in their upper torsos and their injuries are non-life threatening. They were transported to the hospital to be treated.
Javon Rian Carroll of the 2600 block of North Armistead Avenue was arrested Monday.
Carroll was involved in an argument inside the restaurant, according to police, then left and returned with a gun, and began firing shots into the restaurant.
Carroll has been charged with two counts of malicious wounding, two counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony, and two counts of discharging a firearm in a public place.
He is in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head