Five years later, Suffolk tornado victims still remember storm vividly
Suffolk, Va. – Five years ago, violent thunderstorms spawned eleven tornadoes across our region.
The worst was a monster EF-3 that tore through Suffolk. The twister caused $22 million in damages and hurt more than 200 people.
No one was killed, but for survivors like Nichole Hamilton, the memories are still very fresh.
“Everything was everywhere. And I turned around and looked out what was the door and the houses next to me were gone,” said Hamilton.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery