Suspicious package shuts down roads, suspends light rail service in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – On Friday afternoon, a suspicious package was reported in Norfolk on Granby Street and several roads were closed down and light rail service was suspended. According to officials, it a metal air compressor that was left out in the open.
Crews closed down Monticello Avenue, Granby Street and Wood Street. Traffic has now resumed.
Light rail was also suspended during this incident.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea