NY police: Landing gear part apparently from 9/11 hijacked jet found in Manhattan
(CNN) — An aircraft part apparently from one of the airliners that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, has been found in Lower Manhattan, New York police said Friday.
Part of a landing gear was discovered wedged between two buildings near ground zero and “includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number,” police said in a news release. Police responded after surveyors working in the area called 911 to report they’d found “apparently damaged machinery,” the release said.
“The NYPD is securing the location as it would a crime scene,” police added.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen