NY police: Landing gear part apparently from 9/11 hijacked jet found in Manhattan
(CNN) — An aircraft part apparently from one of the airliners that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, has been found in Lower Manhattan, New York police said Friday.
Part of a landing gear was discovered wedged between two buildings near ground zero and “includes a clearly visible Boeing identification number,” police said in a news release. Police responded after surveyors working in the area called 911 to report they’d found “apparently damaged machinery,” the release said.
“The NYPD is securing the location as it would a crime scene,” police added.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury