Drug, gun charges in Suffolk double shooting
Suffolk, Va. – Police have made an arrest related to a Suffolk double shooting that happened on Thursday.
Officers arrived on scene and made contact with two victims. Veronica Wiggins-Ingram was found inside her home with a gunshot wound to the shoulder.
Wiggins-Ingram was transported via Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General with injuries.
28-year-old Diana Yvette Jones was found on a porch with a single gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police say a group of unknown suspects drove over to the 300 block of Hunter Street and began to confront 23-year-old Rasheed Leitiff David at his girlfriend’s residence and gunfire was exchanged.
David is now behind bars on firearm and gun charges.
Police continue to investigate the homicide.
David is currently being held at Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond on One Count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon; One Count of Possession of a Firearm While in Possession of a Schedule II Drug; PWID Cocaine; Possession of Marijuana; and Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth