Drug, gun charges in Suffolk double shooting
Suffolk, Va. – Police have made an arrest related to a Suffolk double shooting that happened on Thursday.
Officers arrived on scene and made contact with two victims. Veronica Wiggins-Ingram was found inside her home with a gunshot wound to the shoulder.
Wiggins-Ingram was transported via Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General with injuries.
28-year-old Diana Yvette Jones was found on a porch with a single gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police say a group of unknown suspects drove over to the 300 block of Hunter Street and began to confront 23-year-old Rasheed Leitiff David at his girlfriend’s residence and gunfire was exchanged.
David is now behind bars on firearm and gun charges.
Police continue to investigate the homicide.
David is currently being held at Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond on One Count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon; One Count of Possession of a Firearm While in Possession of a Schedule II Drug; PWID Cocaine; Possession of Marijuana; and Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom