Update: Several injured in bus accident on I-64 eastbound at HRBT
Update: All lanes are now back open. There is still a back-up eastbound. Six people were taken to the hospital but no serious injuries were reported according to Norfolk Fire and Rescue.
There has been a bus accident on I-64 EB at the HRBT and multiple injuries have been reported. Six people were transported but there were no serious injuries.
VDOT says it is a passenger bus involved and traffic is now backed up 5.5 miles to the I-64/664 interchange near Bay Avenue.
If you are headed in this direction, please use an alternate route. Crews anticipate congestion through rush hour.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach