Chesapeake inmate found hanging from bed sheet in cell
Chesapeake, Va.- Today, an inmate was pronounced dead after he was found hanging inside of his cell on Wednesday at the Chesapeake Correctional Center.
Deputies say they found the inmate hanging from a bed sheet. Staff performed CPR on the inmate until medics arrived on the scene.
He was then transported to the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
Police are still investigating this incident.
No further details have been released.
NewsChannel 3 will bring you more updates as they become available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested