Woman wanted for crashing truck into Ocean View Inn has been caught
Norfolk, Va. – The woman being sought by police for crashing a pick-up truck into the Ocean View Inn and fleeing on Monday morning, has been caught.
Norfolk Police say 39-year-old Melissa Heather Graham was arrested around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
She is charged with felony hit and run, property damage, and felony operating a motor vehicle as a habitual offender.
The incident happened around 7:20 a.m. Monday, and caused extensive damage to the hotel.
The accident report filed by police says Graham caused $10,000 worth of damage to the building.
The truck was going westbound on E. Ocean View when Graham ran the vehicle off the road, ultimately crashing into the building.
According to witnesses, Graham jumped out of the truck and ran away from the scene. She was the only person in the car.
Fire marshals deemed the front of the building unsafe. The hotel manager says his contractor get the permits needed to rebuild but the work has not yet begun.
Graham is no stranger to police. According to court documents, she has 11 previous felony convictions.
NewsChannel 3 checked circuit court records and found three of them to be for possession of cocaine since 1996.
Those same records also show she violated her probation several times.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach