Buddy the Bald Eagle to make his Shenandoah Valley debut
On Saturday, April 27, Buddy the Bald Eagle will make his Shenandoah Valley debut – and only the third public appearance of his life – at Riverfest in Waynesboro. That’s according to officials with the Virginia Wildlife Center.
Official say Buddy is [arguably] the most famous Bald Eagle in the U.S/world/universe. From the time he was an egg in his nest at the Norfolk Botanical Garden – back in 2008 – he was watched by thousands of individuals around the world through a web-based cam.
Buddy hatched on April 27 – yes, Riverfest is his fifth birthday – and was rescued from his nest in May and brought to the Wildlife Center.
Buddy was diagnosed with Avian Pox – and the pox lesion permanently scarred the growth plate of his beak, making him non-releasable.
Find more information on Buddy’s progress from the Wildlife Center of Virginia, HERE.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time