Update: April bank robbery suspect arrested
The suspect has been identified as 21-year-old Dequann Jordan Moore.
A warrant was obtained for his arrest on May 17th. Later that night, an officer located his vehicle and observed him leaving the residence.
He attempted to elude officers, eventually bailing from the moving vehicle and attempting to flee.
He was eventually apprehended by a police K9.
He is charged with robbery, use of a firearm and wearing a mask.
He is currently being held without bond at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center.
Virginia Beach Police are currently investigating a bank robbery that took place Monday afternoon at the Wells Fargo Bank at 5284 Providence Road.
Police say an armed man entered the bank, approached the tellers and demanded money.
The tellers complied and the suspect left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
No one was injured.
The suspect is described as a black male in his early 20s, approximately 5’7” to 5’9”, wearing a dark jacket and dark pants.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam