Update: April bank robbery suspect arrested
The suspect has been identified as 21-year-old Dequann Jordan Moore.
A warrant was obtained for his arrest on May 17th. Later that night, an officer located his vehicle and observed him leaving the residence.
He attempted to elude officers, eventually bailing from the moving vehicle and attempting to flee.
He was eventually apprehended by a police K9.
He is charged with robbery, use of a firearm and wearing a mask.
He is currently being held without bond at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center.
Virginia Beach Police are currently investigating a bank robbery that took place Monday afternoon at the Wells Fargo Bank at 5284 Providence Road.
Police say an armed man entered the bank, approached the tellers and demanded money.
The tellers complied and the suspect left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money.
No one was injured.
The suspect is described as a black male in his early 20s, approximately 5’7” to 5’9”, wearing a dark jacket and dark pants.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time